The purpose of this seminar is,
- to invite water resources and coastal management experts from developing countries
to share their knowledge,
- to raise their awareness to the critical problems of the impacts of climate change and
global warming, and
- to formulate a new thought in adapting the strategy in reducing the impacts of climate
The preparation of the Conference has been entering the final announcement stages. There
are 67 papers of seminar and 2 keynote lectures will be presented during the conference.
The 67 papers were selected from 105 papers, as peer reviewed papers which are able to
be presented on this conference. The conference schedule has been developed and can be
The topics of this Conference shall be focused on, but not limited to, climate change impact
on Water Resources and Coastal Management, including:
- CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACTS ON WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Change in Hydrologic Characteristics
- Flood and Drought Risk and Vulnerability
- Integrated Approach in Flood and Drought Protection and Adaptation
- Water Resources Management Contribute to Achieving the Millenium
- Development Goal Problem and Solution in Water Resources Conservation Management
- CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACTS ON COASTAL AREA MANAGEMENT
- Vulnerability and Adaptation to Sea Level Rise
- Integrated Approach in Coastal Protection due to Sea Level Rise
- Problem and Solution in Coastal Area Conservation and Management
- Potential of Sea Level Rise, Tidal Wave and other Ocean Water Resources in
Development of power plant technologies
- WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING (WRE) AND COASTAL ENGINEERING (CE) POLICY AND
- Policy Evaluation and Reform
- Program Evaluation and Reform
- Quantifying benefit of policies and programs
- Monitoring and Assessment of WRE and CE needs and benefits
- Accountability and Performance Measurement
- Building Capacity Program Design and Implementation in WRE and CE.
- WATER RESOURCES & COASTAL ENGINEERING TOLLS & TECHNOLOGIES
- Best Management Practices (BMP) in data collection and inventory system
- Development and Testing of WRE & CE practices and system
- Decision Support Tools for WRE & CE and Implementation
- Remote Sensing Technologies & Geographic Information System
The language of the Seminar is in English. And no translation to other language provided.
Paper Instruction and Submission
Please follow this link to download the files of Paper Instruction. The file is in .zip format,
please extract first this files and open the file of PAPER TEMPLATE.doc.
ZIP file of PAPER INSTRUCTION, 92 KB
To submit the paper/s, please attach the paper file/s into your e-mail and send it to the e-mail
address of email@example.com.
- Climate Change Impacts on the Hydrology and Implications for Water Resources
- Prof. Stefan Uhlenbrook, PhD, MSc
Professor of Hydrology UNESCO-IHE Institute of Water Education; P.O. Box
3015 2601 DA Delft The Netherlands
- Impact Assessment of Climate Change in River Basin Considering Water
Professor, Water Resources Research Center DPRI, Kyoto University
(Gokasho, Uji, Kyoto, 611-0011, Japan)
- Registration fee of foreign participants will be US$250. Favorable registration fee for
registration before Dec. 31, 2008 will be US$200.
- Registration fee for student will be US$145
- Registration fee of Indonesian participants will be Rp. 1.500.000,-.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM
Beside the venue hotel, there are another two hotels are recommended for participants of the
conference that is Travello Hotel and Aston Hotel. For the complete information please look
at the Final Announcement. For participants who would like to apply to another hotel, please
access the following link.
Link for hotel information: http://www.woc2009.org/hotels.php
Post Seminar Tour
After the seminar, LOC will arrange a post seminar tour. Some routes have been preparing
which could be chosen by participants.
- Route-1 : Manado-Bunaken Island-Manado
- Route-2 : Manado-Bukit Kasih-Lake Tondano-Manado, etc.
Tour arrangement and prices of each routes shall be given on the second announcement.
Companies and manufactures which relevant with this event are invited to participate in event
technical exhibition. The exhibition shall include measurement instruments both on water
resources and ocean and coastal engineering, modelling and database software of water
resources and coastal engineering, and artificial material and equipments for protection the
WRE and CE.
Visa and Flight Information
Please click the following link to get visa information:
and this link, http://www.woc2009.org/flight.php in order to get Flight Information
More Information Please contact LOC:
Gedung G VI Direktorat Sungai Danau dan Waduk, Direktorat Jenderal SDA,
Departemen Pekerjaan Umum.
Jl. Pattimura 20 Kebayoran Baru , Jakarta 12110 Indonesia
ph: +62-21-722-4531; +62-431-81-3107
last updated on 28/05/2008
1st circular: June 2008
2nd circular: March 30, 2009
Deadline of abstract submission:
Jan. 31, 2008
Notice of acceptance:
Feb. 4, 2008
Deadline of full paper submission:
March. 3, 2009
Deadline of early registration:
Dec. 31, 2008
Deadline of official registration:
March. 30, 2009
Deadline of hotel and tour
official web site:
April 30, 2009
(Manado Standard Time GMT+8:00)
Gedung G VI
Direktorat Sungai Danau dan Waduk,
Direktorat Jenderal SDA,
Departemen Pekerjaan Umum.
Jl. Pattimura 20 Kebayoran Baru ,
Balai Wilayah Sungai Sulawesi I
Jl. A.A. Maramis Kairagi Dua